NCARNG Substance Abuse Program
How Can We Help? The Substance Abuse Program (SAP) mission is to strengthen the overall fitness and effectiveness of the NCARNG workforce, to conserve manpower, and enhance the combat readiness of Soldiers. (AR 600-85)
The SAP Program provides:
· Education and Training
· Strong Choices– Universal prevention education for all ARNG Soldiers. Talk to your ADCO or PC to set up your required annual training· Deterrence education– Briefing on the effects of drugs and alcohol and providing information on command policies concerning drug use · Early Identification and Self Assessment
· Provide risk assessment materials to Soldiers and Command· Provide information and help during the referral process · Risk Reduction
· Tailored training based on risk in your Unit · Screening
· Unit Risk Inventory(URI)Reintegration-URI– Anonymous surveys that document the risk present at the unit level · Targeted Intervention
· Referrals to community-based providers for help
Limited Use Policy
If you think you may have a problem with alcohol or drugs, it is best to
admit the concern to your chain of command so they can help before you get caught.
If you admit your abuse and request help, the Limited Use Policy could
limit the negative consequences of your drug or alcohol abuse.
Under the Limited Use Policy:
· The characterization of discharge is limited to "Honorable"
· Your commander is not required to initiate separation proceedings
· For more information, see AR 600-85 or talk to your ADCO and PC
Please see our website at acsap.army.mil
Alcohol & Drug Control Officer (ADCO)
NCARNG SAP PROGRAM
Prevention Coordinator (PC)